Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I observed Cinco in the kitchen today. She opened up the cupboard behind which the garbage was stored and pulled out a napkin. She settled herself down on the floor and started ripping it apart with glee. She discovered last night that napkins rip up quite nicely. I swear she was giggling while she did it. I, of course, had to ruin the moment with a "What are you doing?" and watched her jump and scurry away. She recovered and tried to open the refrigerator while being totes cool.

I'm not sure why I got a kick out it quite like I did. I think it had something to do with Cinco exhibiting child-like behavior. Sure, at nine months, she still all baby, after all, she quick settled for trying to eat the fridge door, but it's fun to catch those moments of transition. Also of naughtiness. But she still makes it look cute.

X-Man, on the other hand, spent the entire day trying to lick my face. Couldn't tell you why. I did actually check to make sure that there was no errant food smeared anywhere. I think he just got up today and decided "Today I will lick mommy's face as I have licked just about everything else in this house." And, being the boy he is, there is no deterring him. Other than nap time. I'm considering donning Mac's Spiderman mask when X-Man awakes.

I don't know what the heck it is with X-Man recently. I was nursing Cinco the other day and knew that X-Man was hovering nearby. I did a double take when I saw him, because he was sitting with Cinco's foot in his mouth, staring at me. Almost like "How long must I sit here like this before she notices?"

He's weird. And awake again. So sitting exposed isn't going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment