Monday, July 29, 2013

I think that I need to re-examine my responses to people who ask me if Gestated Cinco is my first. The whole "Nope, she's my fifth" basically results in shock and horrified looks and I sympathetic comments. Or just odd comments like "Well, I'M NOT having five kids." Well booyah for you, I'm not having lobster for dinner, what's your point?

I think I'll just start saying "She's my first......THIS YEAR!" That might stall some of the shock and horror.

I get big families are unusual. But I am working really hard not to appear as a circus side show and I would really appreciate the rest of the world just working with me in this area. They are all actually humans, I just have three more than you do. That's all. None of them have extra appendages or superpowers. Yes some of them do have red hair, thank you for pointing that out.

Yes, Gestated Cinco is still a little one. And she just happened to be sleeping when you exclaimed "Five kids! Why would you do that to yourself?" But guess what, babies three and four weren't sleeping you multipariousphobe. I just made that word up, but it fits.


And I really don't get why you get to say whatever rude thing pops into your three sizes too small head, but when I answer your absurd question about why I have the number of children I do with "Because my kids are cooler than yours" you get all offended. Hey, I call it like I see it. But thanks for helping me feel like a damn good mom, because I actually seem to like my kids.

And that's all I have to say about that. I think I need another vacation. I'm alarmingly cranky already.

No comments:

Post a Comment