Thursday, June 12, 2014

With the end of the school year approaching, both for the kids and for me, it's been rather crazy here. So, naturally, Cinco and X-Man decided to sprout runny noses, of the super gross variety. And scream like banshees when their faces are clean.

Due to X-Man's tiny, and possibly non existent, sinuses, he is on daily medication. The kind you squirt up his nose. Yeah, the pharmacist was very helpful when he said "You're trying to get this in a two year old so......good luck." The thrashing and the snot and the screaming are a good start to my day.

In addition, Cinco believes that she should get some as well. Because X-Man does. And that's all the reason she needs. In an attempt to squelch one meltdown, I indulged her desires. Mostly. I touched the medicine to her nose, dispensing none, but keeping the experience similar to what she had seen with her older brother. Apparently we were all taking our clues from him because she immediately dropped to the floor screaming. And thrashing. And feeling abused. Similar to the carrying on she engaged in when I first refused her demands.

I can't win for losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment