Thursday, September 12, 2019

"Mom? Can I have the honor of feeding D'Garebear?"

I admit, wasn't ready for X-Man's question.

"Uh, yeah, eventually sure I think you could help him eat."

"But I wanted the honor of feeding D'Garebear!!! Why can't I feed him?"

I should have seen Cinco's outburst coming.

"I asked first! It's my honor!" X-Man was irritated.

"But I want to too! It's no fair!!" Cinco was outraged. A fairly common state of being for her.

I attempted to play mediator.

"Well D'Garebear will eat often there will be plenty of opportunities for you both to feed him."

"NO! I ASKED FIRST!!!"

Cinco just started to look amazingly forlorn.

"You're good giving D'Garebear his binky, maybe you can have the honor of giving him his binky."

Why won't anyone ask for the honor of changing his diaper? Or the honor of getting up with him at two am? Or the honor of making him clean his room....well I can see them jumping on that bandwagon down the road.

Quivering sigh "But WHY can't I have the honor of feeding him?"

Where do they get this stuff?

"D'Garebear isn't even home yet, we'll worry about who feeds him when later. Maybe when we need to feed him."

X-Man had still been paying attention, despite my hopes "And then I'LL have the honor of feeding him!"

"BUT MOM!!!!"

And clearly Cinco and X-Man have adjusted to the newest member of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment